This privacy notice is published in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
This notice provides information on the way in which the personal information you provide is managed and processed by Benicasim Ltd trading as Oakgrove Leisure Centre.
The Data Controller and Contact Details
Benicasim Ltd is the Data Controller for the personal data you provide. The contact details for you to exercise any of your data protection rights or to raise any concerns you may have regarding your personal data are:
Data Protection Officer,
Oakgrove Leisure Centre,
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, apply for a particular service or make a comment or complaint.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as email, letter or telephone call
- Information collected using cookies on your computer about how you browse our website.
- Typically the data consists of name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address’s, next of kin, gender, guardian, a picture taken for identification purposes on beginning a membership, healthy screening information, ability levels in swimming exercise classes, data related to your state of fitness such as height – weight – body mass index or blood pressure, biometric data (cctv footage), merchant copies of credit and debit receipts.
- Standing order and direct debit customers may also have records of bank address, IBAN and BIC numbers stored by us.
Use of Your Personal Data
We use your data to verify identification, administer and provide services, research and develop our services and for marketing with your explicit consent.
The information you have provided to Oakgrove Leisure Centre will be used to administer your membership, exercise or swimming. The information you have provided may also be shared with Legend Club Management Systems (UK) Ltd, Marlborough House, York Business Park, York. YO26 6RW, who provide administrative services to Oakgrove Leisure Centre and any future provider of administration services. Your data will not be held or stored outside of the European Union and it will not be sold.
Contractual use of your personal information which will have been provided when you made your membership application, will form part of your contract with Oakgrove Leisure Centre as part of your membership.
The consequences of not completing the membership application forms and agreeing to this use of your personal information is that Oakgrove Leisure Centre will be unable to process your membership.
The Company is legally able to process your personal data:
- when you have freely and explicitly provided your consent to this processing or
- when the Company has a statutory duty to collect and process this information to provide the required service or undertake a statutory function.
- When your personal data forms part of a contract between you and the Company
The consequence of you not providing personal information to the Company is that the Company will be unable to process your enquiry, assessment or application.
Sharing of Personal Data
The information you have provided will also be shared with Legend Club Management Systems for the purpose of managing your membership, exercise or swimming classes.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we transfer your name and email address to Mail Chimp who we use to prepare the newsletter and you will find their privacy statement here. We hope you find these newsletters useful but you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the mail.
Oakgrove Leisure Centre may share the information you have provided to other agencies or organisations such as the Garda Siochana, Revenue Commissioner’s or the Department of Welfare where a request has been made and it is lawful to share the information.
The information provided will be sensitively saved and destroyed according to our statutory requirements and retention policy.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Oakgrove Leisure Centre and its administrative services partners will keep your unpublished personal data will be kept secure by the Company and will be kept within the European Economic Union (EEU).
Keeping Your Personal Data
The Company will keep your personal data in accordance with the Company’s retention schedule, unless you explicitly request it to be removed. This right to have your data removed is not an absolute right, for example, we will need to retain your data if this information forms part of a statutory or legal obligation, public registry or an existing contract.
What are cookies?
Our website puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the Company’s site. Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- recognise the browser you use
- track new and returning users
You can disable cookies but this may have an impact on your experience when using the website.
- Only provide personal information pertinent to its intended use or for the purpose of processing an application or notification for statutory requirements.
- Tell us as soon as possible if any of the personal information you have provided has changed, e.g. your address or other contact details.
There are a number of rights that you may exercise depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data. In most cases, these rights are not absolute and there may be compelling or overriding legal reasons why the Company cannot meet these rights in full. This will be explained to you in more detail should you contact the Company for any of the reasons detailed below:
- request a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you;
- to have any inaccuracies corrected;
- to have your personal data erased;
- to place a restriction on the Company’s processing of your data;
- to object to processing; and
- to request your data to be ported (data portability).
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, in most circumstances you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time and the Company will act on your instructions.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data or wish to discuss how to exercise your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
Alternatively, you may wish to complain directly to the Data Commissioners Office. You can do this by writing to them at:
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
Phone +353 (0761) 104 800 | LoCall 1890 25 22 31 | Fax +353 57 868 4757 |