Check out the following resources and individual articles for some really useful nutrition information. CrossFit Oakgrove will provide a guided approach to nutrition but it is up to each individual to fine tune and research deeper.
In general you can say we recommend a Paleo-style or Primal style of nutrition. This is low-carb (not NO carb), moderate-to-high levels of protein and fat (the good stuff). We firmly believe this is the best approach to modern diet and we will outline why in greater on the site soon. Check back soon for a full Nutrition menu page shortly.
SO here are the links to get you started:
- Robb Wolf
- Mark Sisson / Mark’s Daily Apple
- John Berardi’s Presicion Nutrition (this guy likes to bombard you with emails so careful before you sign up 🙂 )
- Abel James ‘Fat Burning Man’, in particular his outstanding weekly podcast on iTunes.
- Gary Taubes groundbreaking article in the New York Times from 2002 titled: “What if its all been a Big Fat Lie?“
- Peter Attia: ‘The Straight Dope on Cholesterol’ article
- 11 Biggest Lies of the Mainstream Media
We encourage members to record their nutrition as well as their exercise and lifting figures.