Plus and Regular Oakgrove members now have full access to Open Gym access hours for our top class Strength and Conditioning facility.
That means that our members can follow our main S&C programming on their own time, as well as use our personalised gym programming from our qualified Fitness Instructors. We encourage members to train using a program rather exercise without goals and we have the best equipment to help you do so and reach your goals.
If you’d like a Strength and Conditioning program, don’t hesitate to ask! Our equipment includes:
- Barbells and bumper plates.
- Kettlebells, dumbbells and Medicine Balls.
- Boxes for step-ups, jumps, plyometric training, and weighted single-leg strength work.
- Foam rollers, self-massage balls and stick.
- A 12 metre long rig for Pull-Ups, Gymnastic ring work, dips, and squat racks.
- 6 Squat racks total.
- 2 Concept 2 rowers
- High rings for advanced gymnastics skill practice such as muscle-ups, inversions, tucks and levers.
- 4 flat platforms for weightlifting.
- Skipping ropes.
- TRX Suspension training kits
- Tidy away all equipment you use exactly as you find it.
- No food or fizzy drinks allowed in the gym
- Please sign a Gym Rules sheet and return it to our main reception
- Have a handtowel for your personal use.
- Use chalk only when necessary for grip
- Never drop an emtpy barbell. Never drop a barbell with less 5kg bumpers or less on it. If it’s possible to control a weight to the floor, you should.
- Do not drop kettlebells or dumbbells to the floor. Most especially on the wooden platforms.
- Safety arms must be used when squatting with racks.
- Spin bike usage is not allowed, for classes only.