Looking to get started on the road to better strength and a leaner physique? Try our pay-as-you-go classes on Monday & Wednesday at 6pm
Our members are regular people who start from scratch and develop fantastic strength, fitness conditioning and mobility. They are often desk workers who feel the need to move more, combat their stiffening joints and lack of physical condition. We train people who love to take on new challenges and supplement their active lifestyles with a balanced strength and conditioning program. Our regular trainees love to see new people become part of the group and we have a friendly and welcoming environment. Nobody cares if you what level you are at, its simply about how hard you are willing to work! And if you find it hard to get motivated….that’s what we coaches and are here for!”
What is Strength and Conditioning?
Strength and conditioning training has two focal points as the name suggests, training to get strong and training to get fit. S&C classes last for 60 mins, including:
- Warm Up / Mobilising
- Strength Lift: We have a structured weightlifting program that will make you a stronger and more durable person, ready for anything that life throws at you. Squats, deadlifts, pressing, pull-ups, olympic lifting (the Snatch and Clean and Jerk), Turkish Get Ups and more.
- Conditioning workout, or WOD (Workout of the Day). This is where we test your general fitness condition with challenging combinations of movements (cross training). You could be running, rowing or skipping mixed with other movements like Kettlebell Swings, burpees, and much more.
- Cool Down and Recovery including foam rolling and stretches.
- Have a look at our blog, featuring daily S&C workouts.
What are the benefits to Strength and Conditioning training?
Strength and conditioning is the perfect remedy to the modern affliction of tight and weak postures that the majority of the population suffer from, not to mention metabolic diseases and weight problems.
The main benefits include:
- Greater ability to perform day-to-day tasks and increased energy levels
- Increased athletic performance
- True core strength, where the core acts as the base from which movement spreads to limbs.
- Reduced risk of injury
- Better flexibility and range-of-movement of the joints .
- Exercise becomes training. Progress toward meaningful targets. A co-ordinated strength program is progressive and will keep you engaged and challenged over a long period of time.
- Strength training provides a fantastic fitness base for endurance athletes.
- Improves your ability to control blood sugar levels and lose weight.
How do I get started?
Come along to our Pay-as-you-classes at 6pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, just €8. Progress to Strength & Conditioning membership to really excel!